Thursday, February 14, 2008

Initial Impressions- A bit late

The Princess Bride, William Goldman

Starting off this book I was a bit confused because there were about two introduction chapters that I didnt realize were there I thought it was the book starting off. So I think that those to intros should'nt be in the book because it cought me off guard and then I had to start getting in to the book after reading forty something pages of useless information. But the book itself is quite confusing I think just the sentences and the words in the sentences screw around with me and its hard for me to understand whats going on in the book. One thing I dont really like in the book, is that after some certain sentences, the author would put in perenthesis what he just ment about what he just said in that sentence. And I really didnt think that was neseccary.

2 comments:

Mr. Malley said...

Shawn, are the parenthetical asides meant to be humorous? This is supposed to be a funny book. Also, ALWAYS scan the book before reading it. Many times introductions and prologues can be deadly.

The Kielbasa said...

This is very refreshing to me, finally who will actually come out and say his true feelings. So don't worry about this one bud. I say up the good work and you'll get them on the next one.