Friday, February 8, 2008

Blog Post #3

The Princess Bride, William Goldman.
Pages 66-190

Is it written in the first person, third person, or perhaps the second person, or perhaps a combination? Is the story told from one point of view or many?

This book I believe to say would be a combination from first person to second person through out the book. Goldman doesnt really us person, atleast I havent noticed, very much in the book. Its more, her telling about the characters and then the characters talking not about themselve but in general about other characters. And the characters have like there own attitude towards the other characters in the book, and thats what I think makes this book the way it is and how its told in first and second person.
This book seems to be told in many points of view I think. Because the author for one has her ways of telling the story and then the characters have a way of making the story the way it is.

Do you think you have an idea of how the book is and how the author uses first person and second person?





3 comments:

The Kielbasa said...

The ideas behind this whole blog is just amazing. You really have great insight to the book, maybe the best insight I have seen all day. With this blog I shall write my own with such vigor and enthuisam, so that maybe one day I can walk in the hallways with you.

Mr. Malley said...

Dan, be serious.

Anyways Shawn, point of view is different than what you are talking about. Is the narrator an "I"? Or is the story related by "he, she, or it"? I is 1st person, he/she/it is 3rd.

Toucan said...

mr malley you said what 1st and 3rd person was. shawn said 1st or 2nd