Friday, December 14, 2007

Technology Personal Essay

Starting around the age of 13, I've starting to get more into the technology era and notice everything that had came out that I wanted. I got my first cell phone at the age of 14, made my first myspace at 15, and recently got Xbox Live to play games with different people and friends in different countries and states. Since i started to get into all this new technology, it pretty much took over who I am today. It seems like everything i do evolves around technology and i cant do anything unless I'm using it. To get a hold of my friends I use my cell phone, I can either call them or text message them. I use Myspace or Facebook to meet new friends or even find friends that I haven't seen since middle school. If it wasn't for these websites i probably wouldn't have the friends I have today or at least wouldn't be as close to them as I am now that everyone has one.

I feel that today everything involves a little more technology then 1 to 2 years ago. Many people need technology to do half the stuff they do and even make a living off using technology. It kind of gets me mad because were getting surrounded by all of these new ideas and everyone has to have everything now-a-days. It seems everywhere i go there is a new product out that everyone is going to want and have, and in our generation everyone seems to want name brand clothing, or that new iPod Touch, or the touch screen phone. I mean I'm not going to lie if i could have that stuff id like to have it but its ridiculous the price someones has to pay to have something better then some body else.

I wish that my generation was a lot different. Every where we go something has to deal with technology and i don't really like it much, I mean I'm updated with everything I know how to work most of the new equipment. But its just the fact that every things isn't like what it used to be, it went from Big Screen TVs to Wide, Flat Screen TVs that you can mount on your walls, from using maps to getting GPS on your cell phones and having navigation systems in your cars. And also something new is in cars just saying what you want to listen to and it can hear what you say and play it on the radio.

Technology has changed me so much since i was younger and i think it changed everyone it a different way, i think that it may be a good thing because we have ways to get places easier ways to find our friends easier and can do things much more easier. I'm glad in a way but not to much because everything involves technology in a different way. But over all what can you do, its to hard to get away from it but we cant live without it.

No comments: